CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 05, 2007

New Family Photos


Truth be told, I just don't have as much time to devote to the blog as I used to. If you need a refresher as to how much time I used to sink into this little hobby, check the middle months of 2005 in our blog history. I used to have Libby photoshoots regularly, and posted the results complete with witty captions. Well, as of now I'm spending more time holding, feeding, nurturing, molding, convincing, feeding, holding, burping, diapering, reading, etc... So, this evening I'm posting a bunch of pictures from the past week or so. I'm going to do my best to at least organize them so similar pictures are together, but I'm not promising no mistakes! And as soon as I get this finished up I'm off to tend to more motherly duties! Have I mentioned, though, what a joy it is to be the mama to my two lovebugs? Libby is such an entertainer for me through the days and it's so sweet and precious to have Xander to hold and cuddle and adore for his simple sweetness. One of these days I'm going to keep my paper and pen nearby and jot down the hilarious comments Libby makes through the day. She uses such comical phrases, mainly in that she uses adult language and it's so comical to hear it coming from such a little lady, and to see how seriously she takes herself as she explains to me, "well of course I like bananas..." etc.


Libby and Hudson "hide" during our playtime at Hudson's house Thursday.
Our friend Merrill and her son Mason were at Brittany's house to play as well.
Maren and Xander are still little friends-in-training.
Xander in particular, who slept the whole time we were there.



Saturday morning Libby put this puzzle together entirely by herself. She absolutely loves puzzles. I find her over at her little table putting puzzles together at different times throughout the day. I intend to make a video of her putting a puzzle together because I continue to be amazed at how skilled she is at them! She really has an eye for putting the pieces together, matching up the colors, etc. On more than one occasion I have been just about to tell her, "I don't think those pieces will fit together" when she'll turn one of them 90 degrees and snap them right into place. Of course, I am her mama, I'm sure I'm a little biased at her brilliance. But many of you are her family as well, so I'm sure you'll be equally impressed. :)



Below are some pictures from a little photoshoot of Xander. I took these pictures today. When I looked through them I couldn't help but notice how much he has changed from the pictures I took of him just a few days ago. He is really growing. I can tell almost daily, he's getting longer and longer and longer! Today I put a 0-3 month outfit on him that is one of my favorites and it fit him like capris! Just last week he looked perfect in it. Do you think he might grow to be a tall man? hmmmmmmmm.




Halloween Eve we went to a costume party at the home of our friends Erik and Christie. Libby was a little ladybug. Now, for those of you who have been following us since Libby's birth, you might recognize these little wings. Libby wore them for her first Halloween when she was 8 months old. This year, I didn't have time to make a costume for my little ones, which was a disappointment for me. But, I took a look at her wings and realized they still had plenty of life in them. :) I saved them in case a future little sister wanted to wear them again, but as it turns out they got worn by this future big sister. And, unlike the last time she wore them (when she was too young to have a clue what we were doing dressing her up and parading her around "the lawn" and posing her for cute pictures) she really enjoyed wearing them. She thought it was a lot of fun to dress up, as a butterfly no less, and go to her first costume party. "I haven't been to a costume party before!" she declared as we were getting ready. It took her a little while to figure out what we were up to when we got to the party, there were kids everywhere and games in progress. But it only took a few minutes to learn that standing in line to play a game would eventually lead to candy in the bag. Interestingly, I might note that she hasn't once requested to eat any of that candy. Out of sight, out of mind! But, I'm not the cruelest mother ever - once our loving friends are finished delivering tasty dinners complete with large desserts, I'll offer her a piece of candy now and then. As for now, we're eating sweets all the time! By the way, thanks so much to you ladies bringing us dinners and desserts!
here Libby poses with her friend Kate. (aka, Ariel)


Libby tosses a ring onto a stick. or, near a stick.




This was a little photoshoot from early last week. I just love his little long johns! And, his little (long) feet.

You'll see above, sometimes when he starts to cry he wrinkles up his face and the blood rushes to a his forehead. It lasts just a second, and by chance I caught it in this picture. If Libby had been here to hear him cry, she might have said in her sweet as honey voice, "oh, Xander, don't be so sad. it's okay, Big Sister is here." She nurtures him so well. And, the other day as he fussed in his bassinet, she came to his rescue and placed her lovie at his side. I didn't get the camera and regret it still. It was the sweetest gesture! Needless to say, Libby is very sensitive and caring with her little brother. When he's happy and quiet she goes about her day, putting together puzzles and writing and coloring and organizing her many purses and helping her mama with just about everything I'm attempting to accomplish. But the minute he fusses, she gasps and alerts me, "mama! xander's crying!" and literally runs to wherever he is so she can coo and settle him down. It's such a sweet thing to watch.

I love his expression here. He's more and more alert these days and looking at us, starting to investigate the world around him. This is our little man. Those are his long feet.


No comments: