CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 19, 2007

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong

Hello there everyone. This post is for those of you who enjoy reading about our little family, I have no new pictures at this time. Welllll, that's not entirely true, but I am not posting new pictures at this time. Soon enough I'll have a couple from our weekend at Grandma and Granddad's celebrating an early Thanksgiving.

In the meantime, this morning Libby and Xander and I were off to do some grocery shopping when Libby asked for something to help her clean her hands since they were a bit dirty from her snack. I handed her a diaper wipe and she set to work cleaning up. Soon after, she said:

L: ouch! my eye itches.
M: well be careful not to get the wipes in your eye.
L: did you give me two wipes?
M: no, you only need one.
L: well, I just heard you say, "well, be careful not to get the wipes in your eye." --- like, two wipes.
M: you're right, I did say wipes. I should have said wipe.
L: yes, you should have said, "well, be careful not to get the one wipe in your eye."
M: yes, you're right.
L: well, can you say it mama?
M: "well, be careful not to get the wipe in your eye."
L: no, you should say, "one wipe."
M: "well, be careful not to get the one wipe in your eye."
L: oh! (pause) okay. thank you mama.

I don't know why I humored her and corrected myself so extensively, because this surely doesn't help with her confidence level (bringing it back down to earth). When I told daddy about the conversation he laughed and commented that she corrected me in the same way I correct her, pointing out the fault and asking her to say her sentence again properly. Then he instructed me to go write the conversation down immediately, so here I am.

This also reminds me of an incident last week, where Libby was changing Baby Sue's diaper.

L: oh no! baby sue (libby's doll) has a wet diaper. yuck, some of her tinkle got on my shirt.
M: uh oh, well you better change her diaper. and, let's leave baby sue's jammies off and i'll put them in the washer with your laundry in a few minutes.
L: no, i don't want to wash her jammies.
M: well libby, they're very dirty. we need to wash them (we really did). plus, baby sue just got tinkle on them so i think it would be a good idea to put them in with your clothes.
L: she did not get tinkle on her jammies.
M: yes, she did. i thought she got tinkle on her jammies that even leaked through to your shirt...
L: no, she got tinkle on my shirt after i took her jammies off.
M: (sensing defeat)
L: see mama, feel her jammies. they're dry!
M: (feeling baby sue's dry jammies, and desperately wanting to sass: well your shirt is dry too little miss! but biting my tongue.)

Okay, that's all I have time for now. Doesn't parenting reveal the natural condition of our hearts? That sin that creeps in so easily - seeing it in my kids reminds me of my own. But what a joyous task to try to teach them the way of the Lord and watch for him to work in their hearts.

hopefully pictures soon - but no promises. I need a nap!

No comments: