CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Finally!

Thank you to family and friends for your patience and gentle reminders - here are your long awaited updates. In general, we're all doing well. The kids battled colds and won. Xander had his 4 month well child exam and passed. He is such a string bean. He's in the 17th percentile for his weight (13 pounds 3 ounces) and the 85th percentile for his length (26 inches long). But he's strong, pushing up and looking around, rolling both ways and making his way around a room. He's such an easy smiler and does a very sweet sing-songy sound when he's ready to go to bed. He's a fantastic sleeper (13+ hours straight through the night!) and has been complimented many times on having a "cute" or "sweet" cry. It's true. That's Xander at 4 months in a nutshell.

Libby's still the spitfire in our household. She is full of energy, loves to dance, and has a vivid imagination. She keeps 10 baby alligators in her room, and they frequently chomp on our toes or make their way up to the kitchen table or otherwise participate in our daily routine. She has also recently fallen in love with Dora. Her first request of the day is to go watch Dora. Though we don't like her planted in front of the TV, we do like hearing her new spanish vocabulary! And of course she loves hanging out with her friend Hudson, and really, she loves hanging out with the rest of Hudson's family just the same. What else... hmmm... well, she's been enjoying her babysitters lately. Mama and Daddy have been out and about without the kids frequently in the past couple of months and Libby always has a great time with her Aunt Sarah, or Haley, Leah, and Janie. As an added bonus, several of her evenings with a sitter have been with Hudson and Maren as well. She has said some of the funniest and sweetest things lately and I keep meaning to post them but then forget. I do remember some of the following:

L: I love you daddy. I'm going to keep your forever (hugging him tight to not let him escape to go to work.) You're my best daddy.

L: Mama, you're a good mama and I do love you. But, sometimes you're kind of mean to me when you turn the water on too hot for me.

D: Libby, do you know that I think your kisses are like gold? They're more valuable to me than money.
L: I'll take money.

D: (explaining something)
L: I gotcha daddy.

M: (explaining something)
L: I gotcha mama.

M: (the first time Libby napped without her binkie --- yes, she's officially binkie free now) Libby! You just did such a good job napping without your binkie! You are SUCH a big girl!
L: You know what mama? I actually feel like a big girl! I actually do!

D: (holding Xander)
X: climbing around on daddy
L: Xander is really wiggly! He is kinda like a worm!
D: He is kind of like a worm! But, he's not pink and he's not slimy.
L: No, he's not. But, he is really skinny.









No comments: