CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

L-I-B-B-Y!!!!

Guess what Libby did yesterday?!
Call me for a detailed conversation about this accomplishment, but here's the gist of it. As Brittany and I chatted, Libby took a crayon and some paper that had been provided to her. I requested that she write the letter "L" on the paper and went about my business. She has proven to me before that she can do that. She's also shown me that she can write an "i". But when she announced, "mama look, I wrote my name!" I didn't really expect to see what I saw. The kitchen was filled with excitement as we examined her penmanship. I must say, I am impressed. She has since duplicated the feat, and once for us on video.

Libby has been very excited about letters and reading and writing lately. She's always been interested in letters, and has lately begun to recite letters she sees in sequence "c-h-e-e-r-i-o-s!" and two night we taught her to read her first word, "feet." It was Dr. Seuss's "The Foot Book" and we sounded it out and she learned to find and read the frequently repeated word. Tonight she sounded out "foot" and "book". It is certainly fun to see her enjoy learning this new set of skills! Anyway, here's a photo of the first time she wrote her name (she later scribbled over the Y) and then a video of her showing us how she does it.






2 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh how exciting!! I can't wait to come and visit... one more month!

Anonymous said...

She is growing up fast!! We miss you all.