CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Birthday Menu

This morning I explained to Libby that on her birthday (tomorrow) she gets to pick what we eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The birthday girl gets to eat her favorite foods all day long! I'm still learning.... I needed to set some parameters around that policy. I proceeded, "what do you think you would like for breakfast?" Without any hesitation, "ice cream." I thought quickly and spoke slowly, trying to decide what I was going to do about that request, and where to go from here. I think I probably laughed nervously. "What about lunch?" This time she thought for just a moment before replying, "hmmmm, brownies." (now that's my girl, for sure.) I told her I figured she would want grilled cheese for lunch, or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....after all, too many desserts in one day can make a girl have a tummy ache, it's not healthy and can make you sick! No, she confirmed in her sweet as ice cream voice, "brownies....you don't get to decide mama, I get to decide. It's my birthday." Okay, we'll table that for later discussion. So what do you think you'd like for dinner? "Ice cream again!" Oh boy.

No comments: