CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! Mama was sick sick sick with sinus infection, so the day was pretty simple. After church daddy and the kids took me out for pasta, and Libby ate with chopsticks. The funny thing is, she picked them up and used them perfectly. Then she started playing around with them and I got this picture of her. The sad thing is, I didn't get any pictures of me with my kids on mother's day. So, this is what you get. Anyway, after lunch and a long afternoon nap for mama, Grandpa and Grandma and Em came over for dinner. It was a good day. Also, I got a really special card and gift from Daddy and the kids. This year Libby picked it all out by herself and she was so excited about the holiday and the chance to go shopping for mama. It was very sweet. She disagreed with daddy's gift selection (she'll tell you what he wanted to get me) and got her way, choosing for me a beautiful turquoise necklace. She told me this morning while looking at it, "I'm thankful someone found these rocks and put them in a necklace for you." She's so beautiful.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Please do tell what Daddy's gift idea was! I love Libby's thought!

one blessed mama said...

Libby says, in her newly developed Southern accent: "Daeyaddy wanted to buy mama a pink bracelet, but it was toooooo fancy. And I wanted to get the blue necklace!"