CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 22, 2010

love letters

most of you probably know about my lovely libby and how she loves to write. and draw. naturally, one of her favorite pastimes is writing books, cards and letters. One morning, i found her in the den and she had illustrated a "book" for aunt brett. she dictated to me and asked me to write it for her. (often, she writes them herself, but this day she said she would take to long to write it all out, and she knew i'd be faster.) SO, here it is. it was so heartbreakingly sweet that i had to photograph it page by page before we put it together and mailed it to brett.

and, it's in reverse order. twice i have tried to correct this and start the post over and i'll just suffice to say that blogger is not cooperating with me and/or i am not understanding what it wants from me - so, dear readers, you need to scroll down a bit and read up. :) sorry.







1. Aunt Brett, I will always love you. I will love you indoors and I will love you outdoors.
2. I will love you by a butterfly's wings flapping by.
3. I will love you in the sunshine, I will love you in the moonshine, I will love you when it's raining, I will love you when it's foggy.
4. I will always love you, bunches and bunches. Love, Libby


If there's one thing we are pretty good at in this family, it's expressing our love for one another. :) It's a skill, and we work on it, and we enjoy it. "bunches and bunches" is an expression libby borrowed from xander and i, as we express our love in bunches. libby, on the other hand, has a more sophisticated expression of her love --- each night as i kiss her for bed, she tells me, "mom, i love you sooooooooooooo much. i love you all the way to heaven and back, counted by eyelashes, laying sideways, three hundred and fifty sixty nine times." (the number can change, but is not aaaalways sensical. :)

she's precious.

No comments: